- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb ground pork
- 4 slices of white bread
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Saute chopped onion in a little fat or oil.
- Wet bread with water, tear into small pieces.
- In mixing bowl beat eggs well.
- Add meat, bread and the rest of the ingredients and mix lightly with your hands.
- Form mixture into medium sized balls, about 5 or 6.
- Flatten slightly.
- Fry slowly in ½ inch of Crisco, lard or oil until tender and all sides are nicely browned and some what crispy.
- Let each side cook before attempting to turn with spatula.
- Serve hamburgers hot along with a potato and vegetable dish, and perhaps Hungarian cucumber salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.