This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mason Estate in Abbott, Texas in 1999.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 white onion sliced
- 2 pounds spinach washed and torn into strips
- ½ cup rice
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 quart warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Using a large pan heat oil and add the onion cooking until it is soft.
- Put in the spinach and cook gently with the onion for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice.
- Stir it into the onion and spinach and then slowly pour in the water and add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Turn yogurt into a bowl and beat with the crushed garlic.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into soup and stir well.
- Return pan to low heat and cook gently just to warm the soup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.