- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) minced lamb
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped and seeded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) plain flour
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) natural yogurt
- 150 ml (¼ pint) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- soak the yeast in warm water (250 °F)
- mix the salt and flour, push to the side of the bowl- add yoghurt in the olive oil
- kneed the bowl for 15 minutes
- brush olive oil over the dough and leave it in a warm place covered in a cloth
- heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large frying pan and fry onions.
- mix in the tahini, vinegar and yoghurt
- mix in the spices and tomatoes
- Roll dough into a circle
- Place filling on top
- Bake at 425 °F for 12 – 15 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot or cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.