hot dogs Ingredients
- 2 pounds tender lamb (best from the glutious maxomus.)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spices
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 small onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Cut the lamb into 1 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl combine the meat, olive oil, garlic, spices, salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate 3–4 hours. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking.
- On skewers thread alternately meat, green pepper and onion.
- Cook on hot grill or under the hot broiler.
- Baste occasionally with the remaining garlic mixture.# Best way to eat: serve wrapped in fresh pita bread.
- Some serve it with tahini sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.