- 500 g lamb
- 2 onion
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- a cupful meat stock
- 2 tbsp madeira or port wine
- 2 or 3 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped greens
- lemon slices
- Prepare the lamb, wash and joint it into medium-size pieces, brown in hot butter in a shallow casserole.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato puree, vinegar, wine, meat stock and seasoning.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and simmer for 1 hours.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cock for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve the lamb with a slice of lemon on each piece of lamb.
- Sprinkle with chopped greens.
- Cut the meat to have 3 or 4 pieces per portion.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.