- 1 kg lamb caul
- 1 kg lamb pluck
- 2 eggs
- ½ cupful rice
- 2 bunches of spring onions
- 1 cupful yoghurt
- 100 g butter
- Boil the lamb pluck in salt water and cut into pieces.
- Fry the finely chopped onions in butter and some water.
- Add the rice, pluck, pepper and mint.
- Add 2 cupfuls of the lamb stock and boil some 20 minutes.
- Soak the caul in cold water, cut into pieces and fill with the mixture.
- Arrange in a tray and bake in a moderate oven.
- When nearly ready, pour over the eggs beaten in yoghurt and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- The dish can also be prepared without caul wrapping.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.