- 2 cups mixed beans (kidney beans, black-eyed beans, Chickpeas, soya beans, mung beans, green beans, black beans, white beans, red beans)
- ? lb. Lamb (Chicken can be used), cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon jwanu (lovage seeds)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced-3 fresh red chilies, minced
- ? teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups yogurt
- 4 cups rich Lamb broth
- 3 tablespoons musturd oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped, for garnish
- In a large bowl with water soak beans overnight. Drain the water, wash the beans. Cover the bowl and set it in a warm place to allow sprouting. It takes about 2–3 days depending on the desired length of sprouts.
- To cook, in a large bowl combine Lamb, salt, and pepper with 1 tablespoon of musturd oil. In a sauce pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil; fry jwanu, fennel seeds, and musturd seeds until light brown. Add the Lamb mixture and brown well. Add 3 cups of sprouted beans and fry for 2 minutes. under medium heat. Add chilies, cumin, coriander, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the meat and sprouted beans, for about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth and yogurt to the beans' mixture. Bring to a boil and let simmer over low heat until the meat and sprouts are tender and the desired consistency of the soup has been achieved. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.