- 1 kg of lamb (chops/neck, whatever)
- 3 sliced onions
- 1 litre / 1 quart of tomato purée or tomato paste for cooking
- some olive oil
- 1 kg / 2 lb of 'rice' pasta
- salt, pepper and oregano seasoning
- In a clay pot (or heavy cast iron pot), put the oil and let heat in an oven at high setting.
- Add the sliced onions and brown.
- Sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper and place in the pot to brown the sides.
- When the lamb starts cooking, place the tomato over it and add the same amount of water.
- Let it heat for about 1 hour until the lamb feels soft and much of the water has evaporated (add water if needed).
- Remove from the oven, and put the 1 kg of 'rice' pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked (another 10 minutes), remove and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.