- 1.5 kg lamb shoulder, cut in pieces
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1 tbsp powdered shrimp
- 8 carrots, cut in chunks
- 3 sweet potatoes or potatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 small cabbage (optional)
- 4 turnips (optional)
- Boil the water and peanut butter together for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and remove fat layer on top.
- Brown the lamb pieces in the peanut oil in a large pot.
- Add the chopped onions and brown.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the thyme and powdered shrimp.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the carrots (and the cabbage and turnips, if you're using them).
- Add the peanut butter / water mix.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook until the meat is done and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with white rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.