Lamb fricassee with vegetables
- 2 lb lamb
- 1 lb white cabbage
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 lb turnips
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups lamb broth
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Wash lamb and cut in small pieces.
- Add salt to water and bring to a boil.
- Add meat and cook, removing scum, for 25 minutes.
- Wash cabbage and break apart.
- Wash and peel carrots and turnips and cut into quarters or smaller.
- Cook with lamb until vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to serving dish.
- Melt margarine.
- Add flour and blend.
- Add broth, a little at a time, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add finely sliced celery.
- Pour sauce over lamb and vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.