- 1 – 2 large rutabagas
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp flour
- white pepper
- 1 egg
- Peel the rutabagas, cut into small cubes and cook in small amount of water seasoned with salt until tender. Mash well.
- Whip butter or margarine and flour into the rutabagas, add the milk gradually, whipping continuously.
- Add the egg and season to taste.
- Place in a greased casserole dish, cover with bread crumbs and bake in a 200 °C (400 °F) oven for 40 mins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.