- 3 tbsp shredded fresh coconut
- 60 g / 2 oz cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp grated ginger root
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 6 bananas
- 60 g / 2 oz cup caster sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 tbsp orange liqueur
- 3 tsp toasted sesame seed
- lime slices, to decorate
- ice cream, to serve
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan until hot.
- Add the coconut and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute until lightly coloured.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Heat the butter in a large bring pan until it melts.
- Add the ginger and orange zest and mix well.
- Peel and slice the bananas length+ways.
- Place the bananas cut-side down in the butter mixture and cook for 1 – 2 minutes or until the sauce mixture starts to become sticky.
- Turn to coat in the sauce.
- Remove the bananas from the pan and place on heated serving plates.
- Keep warm.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the orange liqueur, stirring well to blend.
- Ignite with a taper, allow the flames to die down, then pour over the bananas.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and sesame seeds and serve at once, decorated with slices of lime.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.