- 90g3oz scant 1 cup short or sround-grain pudding rice
- 600ml/1 pint/2.5 cups coconut milk
- 300ml cups milk
- 1 large strip lime rind
- 60g/2oz cup caster sugar
- stick of butter (40z)
- pinch of ground star anise
- fresh or stewed fruit
- Mix the rice with the coconut milk, milk, lime rind and Sugar.
- Pour the rice mixture into a lightly-greased 1.4 litre shollow ovenproff dish and dot the surface with a little butter. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard the strip of lime.
- Stir the pudding well, add the pinch of ground star anise, if using, return to the oven and cook for a further 1–2 hours or until almost all the milk has been absorbed and a golden brown skin has baked on the top of the pudding.
- Cover the top of the pudding with foil if it starts to brown too much to wards the end of the cooking time.
- Serve the pudding warm or chilled with fresh or stewed fruit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.