- butter or non-stick cooking spray, for greasing pan
- 1 cup all-purpose cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 cup chopped jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 by 8-inch or 9 by 9-inch square pan with softened butter or nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, salt, and oil.
- Stir in Onion and creamed corn. Pour half of batter into prepared pan.
- Top with Cheese and peppers, spreading onto batter. Pour remaining batter on top of Cheese and peppers.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.