This lean chicken salad recipe is perfect for eating alone on a bed of lettuce or on toasted whole wheat bread. Chicken salad will spice up any dinner plate. This recipe even has a sweet taste with the addition of raisins.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cubed
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ¼ cup celery, finely minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray or olive oil.
- You can buy pre-cubed chicken or buy whole chicken breasts and cut them up yourself.
- If you cut the kitchen up this way, you will be available to cut the chicken to your liking.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the cubed chicken, the mayonnaise, and the fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Lemon juice out of a bottle may be substituted, if you prefer.
- Stir the chicken salad.
- Now add the sweet pickle relish, red onion, and celery.
- More mayonnaise may be used if mixture becomes too dry.
- Continue stirring.
- Add the red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and the raisins.
- Lastly add the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the chicken salad.
- Cream this mixture together well and spoon it into the casserole dish.
- Spread the chicken salad around evenly.
- Bake the chicken salad on 350°F for 12 – 15 minutes or less depending on the size of your oven.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool.
- Place the chicken salad into a serving dish with a lid.
- Chill the chicken salad before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.