- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 800 g eggplant
- ¼ pine nuts
- 1 onion chopped
- 350 g minced lamb or beef
- ¼ tsp seven spices
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 400g cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- extra oil for frying
- Heat the two table spoons of oil in a pan.
- Fry the onion, till soft, add the nuts, fry till browned, add the minced meat, spices and a pinch of salt.
- Fry till the meat is well cooked.
- Deep-fry the aubergine till browned.
- Remove and put on kitchen paper, or brush with oil and grill on both sides.
- Arrange the aubergine in an oven tray.
- Spread the meat mixture over, pressing it with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the crushed tomato, mixed with tomato puree, lemon juice salt and pepper over the aubergine.
- Cook in a hot oven for 45 minutes or till the sauce is thickened.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.