- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg white fish fillets
- 3 medium onions or 450 g, chopped
- ½ cup pine seeds or 75 g
- 2 cups long grain white rice or 400 g
- 2½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3½ cups water or 875 ml
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cubes of Chicken bouillon
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pot; fry the fish fillets on both sides until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions and pine seeds to the pot, stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions is dark brown but not burnt.
- Add rice, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and stir for a minute. Add water, lemon juice,Chicken Bouillon cubes and bring to boil.
- Carefully place the fish fillets in the pot over the rice, cover the pot and cook over low heat for 25 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Gently remove the fish fillet, place the rice on a serving dish and place the fish fillets over the rice.
- Garnish with fried onions, fried pine seeds and lemon wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.