A Vegetable Soup
- Cooking Time: about 1½ hours.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 12 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 2½ tsp salt, divided
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 1 lb lentils, washed and drained
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 12 cups water
- 1 box frozen spinach, (about 10oz)
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the cilantro, garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a food processor.
- Process mixture until a paste forms.
- Set mixture aside.
- Sauté onions in ¼ cup of olive oil until light brown.
- Add lentils and the mixture.
- Cook on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add cinnamon and water.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to medium, add remaining salt, spinach, potatoes and cilantro paste.
- And cook, uncovered, on low heat until lentils are creamy.
- Add lemon juice and continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- This soup can be served cold, warm or hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.