Wonderful South German/Austrian liver dumpling soup
- 40 minutes preparation
- 6 – 8 servings
- 1 lb chicken livers, parboiled for 5 minutes
- 2 slices white bread, torn into crumbs
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Chop parboiled chicken livers very fine.
- Combine with bread, egg yolks, butter, parsley, salt, pepper, and flour.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into meat mixture.
- Shape into 1½ inch meatballs.
- Drop them into gently boiling stock.
- Simmer 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add additional parsley to stock for garnish.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.