- 4 cups sliced common white mushrooms
- 2 cups course chopped onion
- ¼ cup water or vege broth
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic paste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- I used a medium stir fry pan on medium high heat.
- Dust pan very lightly with cooking spray.
- Saute onions until tender.
- Remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms sweat and create a liquid.
- Add the onions, garlic, water, yeast and cheese, and bring to a boil.
- Blend the cornstarch with a couple tablespoons of *cold* water, and pour into the pan to thicken the sauce.
- Toss with pasta of choice and then sprinkle servings with a little nutritional yeast.
- If you like a little more liquid, just increase the amount of water or broth you add in.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.