- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup hot water
- 6 oz non-fat soy milk
- 2 large leeks, white part chopped
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 matzos, broken
- 4 potatoes, baked, peeled sliced
- minced chives or green onions for top
- salt, pepper, garlic, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add leeks to skillet and saute in a little water, cover until wilted.
- Add red pepper sauté 5 minutes.
- Combine matzos with water in bowl, soak 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Drain, squeeze out excess water.
- Combine leek mixture and matzos with remaining ingredients, except chives.
- Stir until fully mixed.
- Pour into a lightly sprayed shallow 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle chives over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top golden.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes and cut.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.