This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 leeks white parts only thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ pound goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a 12-inch skillet heat two tablespoons butter and the oil then cook leeks and pepper for 8 minutes then melt in the goat cheese and remove mixture to a large bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add eggs, thyme, salt and pepper to the leek mixture and whisk together until combined.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet and heat then pour egg mixture into skillet and cook over medium heat until eggs are partially set.
- Slide the frittata onto a large platter then flip back into the skillet with the uncooked side down and cook for about 3 minutes longer.
- Let cool and serve warm or at room temperature cut into wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.