- 12 servings.
- 6 cups riced or mashed russet potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Combine all ingredients except flour; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Heat lefse or other griddle to 400°F.
- Form dough into long roll and cut into 12 sections.
- Form each section into a small ball.
- Roll out very thin with cloth-covered lefse or regular rolling pin on cloth-covered lefse board or other surface.
- Dust board with flour when turning lefse dough.
- Bake on ungreased griddle until brown spots appear.
- Turn and bake other side.
- Stack lefse between 2 towels to cool.
- Store in refrigerator in plastic bags.
- Can be frozen.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.