- 1 liter (quart) buttermilk
- 100 g ( 3½ ounces, scant ½ cup) margarine
- 1¾ dl (¾ cup) light corn or sugar syrup
- 2 dl (¾ cup) sugar
- 4 teaspoons hornsalt (or 4 tablespoons, ¼ cup baking powder)
- Combine all ingredients, adding enough flour to make a pliable dough.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (450°F).
- Divide the dough into pieces of equal size and roll out to thin sheets.
- Bake 5–10 minutes in the oven.
- To serve, spread with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Store cold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.