- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets of uniform size
- 1 small crown broccoli, cut into florets of uniform size
- 12 pre-peeled baby carrots
- 3 oz sugar snap peas, optional
- 3 oz snow pea greens, optional
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ bunch radishes, stemmed, and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, ends trimmed, all white and about 2 inches of green, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch parsley, minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and blanch cauliflower for 2 minutes.
- Drain well, and rinse cauliflower with cold water.
- Refill pot, blot drained cauliflower dry and roll florets up in a paper towel.
- Place in a plastic bag, and refrigerate.
- Repeat procedure with broccoli.
- Refill pot, and bring to a boil again.
- Place snow pea greens in a colander, and set aside in kitchen sink.
- Blanch carrots, and pour carrot water over greens to wilt slightly.
- Repeat cold water-blot-refrigerate treatment with carrots, sugar snap peas and snow pea greens, if using.
- Meanwhile, 1 hour before serving, combine mustard, lemon juice and garlic in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put all blanched and raw vegetables in bowl.
- Toss, season with salt and pepper again and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.