From: diabetic Living Diet
This Divine Soup is Great For Entertaining!
Prep Time: 35 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 50 Mins
- 6 Medium leeks
- 2 Tbsp oil, Olive
- 3 lb potatoes
- 3 Cans Broth, Reduced-Sodium Chicken
- 2 Tsp lemon peel
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper, White
- 1 Quarts buttermilk
- 8 oz sour cream, Light or Fat-Free
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
Recipe Tip: Chill 8 to 48 Hours.
- 1. in a 4- to 5-Quart Dutch Oven, Cook leeks in Hot oil UntilTender. Remove About Half of The leeks With a Slotted Spoon.Transfer to a Small Container; Cover And Chill. Add potatoes,Broth, lemon peel, salt, And white pepper to leeks in DutchOven. Bring to Boiling; Reduce Heat. Cover And Simmer About
- 15 Minutes or Until potatoes Are Tender. Cool Slightly.
- 2. in a Blender or Food Processor, Blend or Process PotatoMixture in Small Batches Until Smooth. Transfer to a VeryLarge Container.* Stir in buttermilk. Cover And Chill For
- 8 to 48 Hours.
- 3. Ladle Into Appetizer-Size Soup Cups or Bowls. in a SmallBowl, Combine sour cream And lemon juice. Dollop a SmallSpoonful of The sour cream Mixture Onto Each Serving. TopWith Chilled leek Slices. if Desired, Serve With lemon Wedges.
Nutrition Per Serving:
- 115 Calories, 1g Saturated Fat, 329mg Sodium, 2g Total Fat,
- 19g Carbs, 1g Dietary Fiber, 2mg Cholesterol, 5g Protein
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Fat
Carb Choices: 1.5