- 1 (6 oz can) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup snipped pitted dried prunes
- 2 tbsp flour
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup soft shortening
- ½ cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To lemonade concentrate, add enough water to make 1 cup.
- Simmer with prunes in saucepan until prunes are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add granulated sugar, 2 tbsp flour, salt and nuts.
- Cook, stir until mixture is thick, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, cream shortening, add oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar and mix until crumbly.
- Pat ½ of this mixture in the bottom of a 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Top with the cooled prune mixture and then the remaining crumbs.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.