- 8 cups small green beans
- cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ Tbsps chopped fresh or 3/4 Tbsp crushed dried rosemary
- 5 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsps grated lemon rind
1.Arrange green beans in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 8 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain.
2.Spray a sautè pan with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, add green onions, and sautè until tender. Add green beans, walnuts, rosemary, and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with lemon rind.
- Fruit & Vegetable of the Month: Fresh Beans by the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe