Makes 6 servings.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- lemon sauce (optional)
- Combine butter, flour, Sugar and salt in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and beat 1 minute longer. Blend in rice, lemon peel, milk and lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff but not dry; fold into rice mixture.
- Turn into greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve warm or cold. Top with lemon sauce, if desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.