Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4 dozen biscotti.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Mix together flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Rub in butter with fingertips or pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Whisk eggs with lemon zest.
- Stir in flour mixture with fork until dough holds together.
- Scrape dough from bowl to floured work surface and knead lightly several times to mix.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces.
- Roll each into cylinder about 12 inches long.
- Transfer cylinders to baking sheet covered with parchment paper or buttered aluminum foil.
- Flatten them with palm of hand so that they are about ½ inch thick.
- Bake at 350 °F on middle rack about 30 minutes until well risen, deep golden and firm.
- Cool on pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove logs from pan.
- Cut into diagonal slices about ½ inch wide.
- Return slices to pan and arrange close together, cut side down.
- Bake about 20 minutes longer, until cut surfaces are deep golden in color.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.