Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes about 15 pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 cups unbleached pastry flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons, minced
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients, except blueberries, to the dry mixture, one at a time, stirring constantly until combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Lightly spray or wipe a 7x11-inch baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm from the oven.
Nutritional information Edit
- 144 calories | 4g fat (0.5g saturated) | 1.5g protein | 26g carbohydrates | 13mg cholesterol | 229mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.