Nothing can describe these, they are wonderful. My guys always have these with fresh blueberries, I like them plain but have done then with strawberries and raspberries. The work equally well with any berry. From a travelers website.. Posted to RecipeZaar but modified by BL Olson to be gluten and casein free.
- Contributed By FOODALLERGYKITCHEN Y-Group
- 3 – 4 servings / 12 – 15 pancakes
- 25 minutes, including 20 minutes prep
- 1¼ cups flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1¼ cups soured soy milk or buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream, tofutti or avocado
- ¼ cup melted butter, canola or olive oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and soda.
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, butter and egg yolks.
- Stir in vanilla and zest.
- Whisk milk mixture into flour.
- Let batter rest about 15 minutes.
- Beat 2 egg whites into soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Use about ¼ cup per pancake and drop on preheated griddle or frying pan.
- Cook completely on one side.
- Sprinkle on a few berries then turn to finish cooking (may be omitted).