Lemon Chicken from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Remove fat from chicken.
- Make lemon sauce: beat remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl with a whisk or fork.
- Spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until juices are no longer pink when thickest part of chicken is cut.
- Spoon some lemon sauce over chicken, turn chicken over and cook for an additional 15–20 seconds.
- Serve chicken topped with remainder of sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.