- 3 oz (3 tbsp) butter or margarine
- rind of 3 lemons
- juice of 3 lemons
- 8 oz (8 tbsp) caster (superfine) sugar
- 3 eggs
- Put the butter, sugar, grated rind and strained juice of the lemons into a double saucepan, stir occasionally.
- When sugar has dissolved, add the well-beaten egg.
- Stir till it thickens, but do not boil.
- Turn into warm, dry jars.
- This is best made in small quantities and should be kept only a short time.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.