- 7 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups ground toasted almonds
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 5 whole graham crackers
- 2/3 cup prepared lemon curd
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 12-oz. basket strawberries, sliced
- Make crust:
- Preheat oven to 325?F. butter 9-inch round springform pan.
- In small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter.
- Add lemon peel and almond extract.
- In medium bowl, combine almonds and graham cracker crumbs.
- Slowly drizzle butter mixture into crumb mixture and toss with fork until crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press crumbs over bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake crust 8 minutes, then cool on rack.
- Spread half of the ice cream over crust.
- Spoon 1/3 cup lemon curd over ice cream.
- Spread remaining ice cream over lemon curd.
- Dollop remaining 1/3 cup curd over ice cream by tablespoonfuls.
- Use small knife to swirl curd into ice cream, forming pretty design.
- Freeze until just firm, about 1 hour. Wrap and freeze overnight.
- Before serving, let pie stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Cut pie into wedges and serve, spooning strawberries over if desired.
- Note: To toast almonds, preheat oven to 350/F.
- Spread almonds in single layer on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and toast until fragrant, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To grind almonds, place them in mini food processor and process until desired texture is achieved.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.