- 1/2 lemon, washed and sliced crosswise as thinly as possible, seeds removed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder or ground turmeric (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Raisins (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) block tofu, drained and sliced into slabs or chunks
- In a skillet, combine lemon slices, the water, oil, Onion, carrots, soy sauce, pepper flakes, curry powder and Raisins; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat about 20 minutes, allowing liquid to reduce by half. Add tofu and continue to simmer 10 minutes longer or until most of the liquid is gone. Serve hot.
- Do not use aluminum or iron cookware for this recipe. The acids in the ingredients could react with the metal, giving the food an off-taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.