Makes 6 servings
- 4 x 14½ ounce cans roasted garlic chicken broth, divided
- 2 large lemons
- 3 cups cooked rice, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 x 6 ounce packages pre-cooked, grilled chicken strips, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- chives, for garnish
- lemon peel, for garnish
- Heat broth, reserving ¼ cup, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, zest lemon peel; set aside.
- Juice lemons; set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1½ cups cooked rice, heavy cream and remaining ¼ cup broth; process until smooth.
- Add rice mixture, remaining cooked rice, lemon juice and chicken strips to broth.
- Simmer 5 to 8 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add chopped chives; cook 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with lemon peel and chives, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.