Extremely light, crumbly and fool-proof.
- 12 tarts
- 30 minutes preparation.
- 8 ounces softened butter
- 2 ounces cornflour (cornstarch)
- 3 ounces icing sugar (fine sugar)
- 6 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind, microplane is good
- Put all the cake ingredients in a mixer or food processor and process until soft.
- Put the mixture into a piping-bag with a 1 inch fluted nozzle and pipe into 12 paper liners placed in a bun tin, using a circular movement.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 350 °F until pale in color.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- When cool, sift the icing sugar over the tops, and put a little lemon in the centre of each tart.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.