This tangy vinaigrette is made and packed with real vinegar and fruit juice, absolutely like most vinaigrettes, and is used for salads and the marinade, as it has a higher hint of Dijon mustard and keeps a sour taste with the lemon content.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ⅞ teaspoon vinegar, white only
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon sugar, brown only
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour or scoop the lemon-based vinaigrette into a plastic bottle.
- Use as a salad dressing or a dip. Reserve this vinaigrette in a refrigerator.
Servings: 2 cups or 3-4 teaspoons or tablespoons