- 2 eggs
- 2 cupfuls sugar
- 2 cupfuls Crisco
- 2 cupfuls milk
- 5 cl baker's ammonia
- 5 cl oil of lemon
- flour to make stiff dough
- 2 teaspoonfuls salt
- First cover ammonia with milk and let soak over night.
- Next morning add sugar, Crisco, salt, eggs well beaten, lemon and enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll very thin, cut in squares or diamonds, lay on Criscoed tins and bake from five to seven minutes in hot oven.
- Sufficient for one hundred and eighty-six wafers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.