Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 4 to 5 cups hot chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons finely minced chives
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- lemon sauce (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, egg yolks and cream. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Cook onion over low heat until soft but not brown.
- Stir in rice and increase heat to medium.
- Add wine and continue to stir until wine is absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir in about 1 cup chicken broth. Continue stirring until broth is absorbed.
- Continue adding broth ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- When rice is cooked, stir in lemon mixture, chives and Parmesan cheese.
- Add pepper to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.