For herb and meat lovers! Keep the lemongrass and beef mixing to bring the red-hot soup to a boil. Serve up an intense treat with other main dishes.
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 ½ qt. water
- ½ lb. thinly sliced top sirloin
- 1 tbsp. uncooked rice, white only
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. sugar, white only
- 2 tsp. seeded and chopped chili pepper, optional
- 1 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 4 tsp. chopped purple basil
- 4 tsp. chopped green onions
- freshly cooked jasmine rice
- grated lime zest
- Crush lemongrass and cut in half. In a large saucepot, add lemongrass, water, and 1 tablespoon rice.
- Cover and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Cut beef slices into 2-inch strips; place in a large soup bowl.
- Add lime juice, sugar, chili pepper, fish sauce, basil, and green onions.
- Pour hot stock into a bowl. Stir before serving. Serve hot with cooked jasmine rice then garnish with the lime zest.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.