A Cambodian curry
- Yield: 4 servings
- ⅓ cup sliced lemongrass including the bulbs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp dried ground galangal (or ginger)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeds and stem removed
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 3½ cups coconut milk
- 3 lime or lemon leaves
- 1 pinch salt or shrimp paste
- In a food processor or blender, puree together the lemongrass, garlic, galangal, turmeric, jalapeño, and shallots.
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil and add the pureed ingredients, lime or lemon leaves, and salt or shrimp paste, and boil gently, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for about 30 minutes or until the lime or lemon leaves are tender and the sauce is creamy.
- Remove the leaves before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.