Purchased from Lowery Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984. Date and source unknown. This is another tried and true recipe and well received when I make it.
- 6 Chicken breast halves with bones and skin attached
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
- ½ teaspoon pic-a-peppa sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery start
- Mix all ingredients together except Chicken. Mix well.
- Pour over Chicken and marinate overnight.
- Drain the liquid from the Chicken and dredge in flour.
- Place in hot oil and cook over medium heat until the Chicken is browned on all sides.
- Lower the heat and cook in a heavy skillet for 45 minutes.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.