- 1 pkg. dry yeast prepared according to above recipe
- ½ cup sugar, to be dissolved in 2 cups warm water
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 rounded tbsp salt
- about 8 cups all purpose flour
- Combine, above ingredients, stirring in flour to make a soft dough.
- Cover and let rise until double in bulk in warm place.
- Shape rolls as desired and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Allow to rise for about 45 minutes and bake in a preheated 400 oven for about 20 minutes or until done.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.