This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hall Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- bell peppers
- 2 ounces red lentils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme
- 2 ounces spinach shredded
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 ounce cashew nuts finely chopped
- 1 ounce pitted prunes chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly oil an ovenproof dish.
- Place lentils in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan then add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add remaining stuffing ingredients and mix well.
- Halve peppers length-ways and remove seeds.
- Stuff peppers with filling then place in prepared dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.