- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- ½ tsp salt
- 2¼ cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tbsp parsley
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash turmeric
- ¼ cup water, as needed
- Combine water, lentils, salt in a pot.
- Cook till lentils are soft.
- Drain, reserve stock.
- Heat oil in skillet and saute onions and garlic till onions are translucent.
- Add parsley and spices and cook another minute.
- Set aside.
- Combine lentils, cooking water and onion mixture in a food processor
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
- Spread on whole grain crackers or use as a vegetable dip.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.