This is another nice Hungarian soup made with quail.
- 1 quail
- ½ lb lentils
- 1 celeriac chopped
- ¼ lb ham or bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- salt and pepper
- Soak lentils for a few hours.
- Cook quail in salted water until tender.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Cook lentils until tender and pass them through a sieve or puree in blender.
- Heat butter in pan and sauté ham and celeriac.
- Add a little flour and brown while stirring constantly then dilute with half of the stock.
- Bring to a boil for a few minutes then put through a sieve.
- Mix strained stock with puréed lentils and add other half of the quail stock and simmered covered for 30 minutes.
- Add quail to pot and serve with croutons.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.