Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4½ cups (2 lbs.) black beluga lentils
- 1½ cups vinaigrette (see below)
- 1 cup (5 oz.) finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup (6 oz.) hazelnuts, roasted, skins rubbed off and coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp. chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Vinaigrette[edit | edit source]
- 6 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Rinse Lentils and pick over.
- Place in a large saucepan and cover with 3 quarts cold water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer until tender, 10 to 20 minutes.
- (Time depends on freshness of Lentils; new crop can cook fast, so test often.)
- Drain Lentils and transfer to a large bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.