Kanya (or Kanyah), is a sweet snack made from just three ingredients: rice, peanut , and Sugar. Kanyah can be made with store-bought rice flour, or you can make your own by crushing parched rice.one cup
- Using a mortar and pestle, a rolling pin, or something similar, break and grind the peanuts into small pieces, taking care not to crush them into a powder or paste.
- If using uncooked rice: parch the rice in a dry skillet, stirring continuously, until it becomes slightly browned. Break and grind the rice into pieces as was done with the peanuts.
- If using rice flour: parch the rice flour in a dry skillet, stirring continuously, until it becomes slightly browned.
- Combine the crushed peanuts and rice (or rice flour). Crush and grind them together until they form a powder, add the Sugar and mix well.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into cubes or pyramids, or press it into a pan and then cut it into squares.
- May be served immediately, or stored in air-tight containers.